Monday, April 12, 2010

Count Down to Hong Kong

My sister, my mom, and myself will be making a trip out to Hong Kong in exactly one week from today. My mom actually makes a trip out twice a year to visit her mom, dad, siblings, other family members and friends, in addition to attending the annual HK trade shows. My sister also makes it out twice a year to network, attend the HK trade shows, meet with our suppliers, source out new factories, visit family members and to meet up with friends abroad. This will actually be the 2nd time in my life to visit Hong Kong. The last time was exactly 20 years ago, I was in the 3rd grade and I'll never forget it because I was actually quite sad to have to depart Canada during the holidays where I was in the running to play Mrs. Clause in our annual Christmas play.

I'm excited, nervous, and a little hesitant. Excited to see Hong Kong, to see my relatives whom I haven't seen in 20 years, especially my grandfather who is becoming a little less coherent as the years go by. I'm nervous to meet with all of our suppliers whom I deal with via email on a daily basis and I'm hesitant to take that 18 hour plane ride, to feel jet lagged, to have to endure such close quarters with my mom and sister who butt heads ALL the time, and most importantly, to be pulled away from my routine life in Toronto. I'm not a huge fan of change. I don't remember the last time I left the country for more than a week, but I think I'm more concerned about leaving my desk and all the work behind. I am concerned that while I'm away, something may go wrong at work and I won't be in the country to fix it.. FouFou Dog will fall apart and life will end as I know it.

But I could be overreacting... I guess we'll see...and so the count down begins...

T minus one week and counting....

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis