Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And the winner is...



FouFou Dog!! FouFou Dog won an award tonight for Business Achievement in the "25 And Under Employees" Category, presented by the Richmond Hill Chamber of Commerce.

Wow, what a fun night it was... Cheryl and I got to meet many of the finalists who were up for an award along with Premier Dalton McGuinty.. who I personally think is a genuinely nice guy. He's also a lot taller in person.

The food was amazing, the company was awesome, and the speeches were heartfelt. Cheryl, of course, had the best speech of all .. and I'm not just saying that because I'm her sister. One after another, recipients of an award gave the same mundane, regular speeches with their ordinary thank you's, while Cheryl approached the stage with a GIANT poster of Ernie dressed in a tux. Oh what a sight and boy were we the talk of the night!

Many people approached Cheryl afterwards congratulating her on a job well done as well as for her unique acceptance speech. If nobody paid much attention to us before, they are definately going to take notice of us now... good job Cheryl!!

Oh, and last night when I dropped a hint to mention me in your speech.. I didn't expect you to have me stand up in front of 4 to 5 hundred people and ask them all to turn their heads towards me... hahaha.. but nonetheless, thank you for acknowledging me.. even if it involved my bright red face. Love you!

**click on the title of this blog to see more photos from this event**

Cheryl's speech:

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis