Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not enough hours in a day...

I love the new office and living up to the term “going to work” is awesome, but it’s been almost a month now since we started working out of the new location and I have no idea where all the hours in a day disappear to.

Having been accustomed to working from home for the past 5 years; waking up late, not worrying about brushing my hair nor wearing “professional” clothes, and strolling down 2 flights of stairs into the basement of our “office”, I’m finding it difficult to juggle both my personal errands with my work ones. Doing a load of laundry used to involve waking up 15 min earlier in the morning and putting the wet clothes into the dryer during my lunch break. But these days, I wonder if I’ll have enough clean underwear to last me to the end of the week. I know, you're probably thinking that I probably need to buy more underwear, but that’s not the point.

It’s not just my personal hygiene that has taken a toll; exercising, preparing healthy meals, reading, catching my favourite programs on TV, watching Wheel of Fortune with my dad, or sharing a bottle of wine with my mom at night, have all been put aside, like a pile of work that I keep telling myself that I need to get to.

I know this is the real world and there was once a time that I used to commute to work downtown, 1 hour drive from home, which was manageable and I’m sure I’ll fall into a schedule soon that will allow me to get back into the routine of things, but for now, that saying couldn't be more true; there simply are not enough hours in a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis